Eye problems in small children aren’t common. But for those who don’t see well, it can really set them back if it goes on undetected until they start school.
You make sure they get their well child check-ups and brush their teeth, but vision problems can easily go undetected because kids assume everyone sees the same way they do.
So that begs the question, when is a good time to visit the eye doctor? But that lead us to several other questions too.
When it comes to a pre-schoolers vision, its hard for them to see any problems.
“They don’t know it, they just think that’s the way its supposed to be,” said optomotrist Dr. Rob Bernskoetter.
And that makes it hard for moms and dads too.
“You’re trying to teach your kid all of these things when they’re about three years old… The dentist, the doctor, pat and other great services out there, but I hadn’t thought of the eye doctor,” said mother Cheryl Stephens.
- Does metformin cause eye problems ?
- Does prednisone cause eye problems?
- Is there a cure for eye herpes?
- Why do i keep getting keratitis?
- What causes eye focusing problems?
- What causes scar tissue in the eye?
- Can scar tissue in the eye cause pain?
- How to get rid of scar tissue in the eye?
- How to treat a minor eye scratch?
- Does milk help a scratched eye ?